PRE-ORDER: Tilopa Cypress (Green) is out of stock and en-route for delivery early January. Tilopa Anthracite (Black) and Magma (Red) is in stock and ready to dispatch immediately.
The new and updated 50l Tilopa is an important part of the f-stop range and can be considered a crossroad where the models get more serious. At first sight, it might be difficult to distinguish from the Ajna as the two are virtually identical in size. So what exactly is the difference between the Tilopa and Ajna? The Tilopa is a bit like the Ajna on steroids and is designed for shooters who test their gear to the limits.
What's new with the DuraDiamond™ bags?
- Upgraded DuraDiamond™ material is proprietary to f-stop and more weather resistant, lighter weight and stronger
- BLOOM™ Foam in shoulder straps and hip belt improves comfort
- Combination T6 Aluminum and plastic hardware
- Upgraded weather-resistant zippers
- Improved organization and storage features added to pockets, lid, and back panel, including padded laptop sleeve in back panel
- Additional storage and organization in front, side, and lid pockets
- Aluminium frame for all-day comfort
- Pairs best with the Pro – Large Camera Bag Insert
Hypalon Padding - The first difference is more Hypalon padding on the front and bottom. Hypalon is a virtually indestructible and waterproof material and is strategically placed on the areas of the pack that will be in contact with outdoor surfaces. This gives you peace of mind to put the pack down on any surface without worrying about abrasion or damage.
Additional Mounting Points - The Tilopa features a 3rd set of straps on the front like the ones on either side. Anyone who has hiked before knows that place to mount a tripod, tent, sleeping mat, whatever it may be, is always useful.
Larger Front Pocket - The front pocket of the Ajna and Lotus does not offer a lot of space and can only be opened on one side. Those of the Tilopa and larger models are of considerable size, can zip open entirely and feature an internal mesh pocket.
Second Front Pocket - The Tilopa and larger models feature a 2nd front pocket below the main one. It is ideal for supporting the feet of a tripod mounted on the pack or for storing small items that you need quick access to.
Stronger Harness System - The Tilopa and larger models have a more robust harness system and feature better padding on the shoulder- and hip belts for the best possible weight distribution of heavy loads. These models also feature a mesh stash pocket on the hip belt, useful for storing lens cloths, memory cards etc.
Carry-On Compliance - The Tilopa is just a touch longer and deeper than the allowed carry-on size (56x36x23), but it is so close that we do not hear many stories of photographers getting into trouble in airports. It comfortably fits in the overhead lockers of domestic haul planes like the Airbus A320-300. It just fits in the overhead lockers of Airlink’s Embraers, as long as you pull the compression straps nice and tight and you don’t stuff the front compartment of the backpack to the brim as that increases the depth of the bag by up to 5-8cm. Always make sure you tighten the compression straps to trim down your backpack’s profile, tuck in all loose straps and belts and try not to let the airport staff see your backpack.
The Tilopa can handle a wide variety of ICU's depending on how much camera gear you want to carry and how much of the main compartment you want available for other items like clothing, food or whatever it is you like taking on a shoot. Keep in mind that all Mountain Series shells have a large top-, front- and two side pockets in addition to the main compartment.
- The XL Pro ICU is a comfortable fit, but it leaves just enough space in the main compartment for a rain jacket or some snacks.
- The Large Pro ICU is a very good fit, leaving about 30% of the main compartment available for some other gear.
- The Small Pro and Medium ICU's occupy about 30-40% of the main compartment, leaving plenty of space for other gear.
Padded Multipurpose internal sleeve fits up to a 15” laptop.
- Height - 59.7cm
- Width - 35.6cm
- Depth - 30.5cm
- Volume - 50 Liters
- Weight - 1.9kg
- XL Pro
- Large Pro
- Small Pro
- Medium Shallow
- Medium Slope
If you're new to the f-stop system it can be tricky figuring out what will be suited to your needs. Send us a mail via the contact page with your camera gear and we'll get back to you with a recommendation within 24 hours.