The NiSi True Colour ND-VARIO Pro Nano 1.0 - 5.0 stop Variable ND is the latest revision of NiSi's best selling filter; the 1.5 - 5.0 stop ND Vario and features several improvements over its predecessor. (Dec 2021 Launch)
***Is the size you want out of stock? Shop the Swift VND kit, which includes this filter and the Swift 4-stop, which changes this into a 5-9 VND.
- True Colour Tech - NiSi have brought in the help of Japanese optical specialists to further refine the colour accuracy of this filter, which was already widely regarded as excellent.
- Wider Density Range - Although only half a stop (improved from 1.5-5.0 to 1.0-5.0), this can buy you an extra 1 minutes of shooting time when the ambient light is fading before having to take the filter off.
- Density Markings - The new filter has the stops marked on the side of the filter to assist users with exposure calculations.
- Filter Cap - The filter now ships with an included filter cap, so you can put away your camera without having to remove the filter, but knowing that your filter won't damage in transport or storage.
- Handling Pin - The steel pin used for turning the filter is now packed separately instead of mounted to the filter so you can choose whether to use it or not from the start.
- More pronounced knurling for easier installation and removal.
- Storage Pouch - The filter still comes with a hard plastic case, but also with a rigid canvas pouch that looks better than the plastic case.
The 0.3 to 1.5 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing wider apertures or slower shutter speeds than usually possible. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring with or without the included silver lever, helping you predetermine the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you can control the depth of field and convey movement more easily. The transition of density occurs smoothly which allows the photographer or videographer to adjust exposure length to the exact amount required for a given scene. For easier, repeatable control over density settings, the front ring is visually marked with numbers representing the different stop values. The ring features silver side knurlings for a secure grip and easy installation and removal. For those using this filter with cinema or video cameras, combined adjustments of aperture and this filter allow fine adjustments of the depth of field while retaining the designated frame rate.
The Variable ND offers True Color that avoids colour shift seen in other Variable filters. The NiSi True Color ND-VARIO Pro Nano 1-5stops Variable ND is made from high-definition optical glass for the best resolution and quality. The glass is coated using the NiSi Nano coating providing a waterproof, oil-proof and anti-reflective coating to avoid ghosting and reflections. The filter ring is made from high-quality aluminium creating a very light and strong filter.
- Hard Plastic Case
- Rigid Soft Pouch
- Filter Cap
- Easy Rotation Pin (removable)
In this video the ND-vario filter is discussed from 5min30