A nodal rail is a tool used by panorama shooters to center the nodal point of the lens in order to avoid parallax error when shooting panoramic images.
Leofoto's nodal rails offer everything you'd expect, plus a few extra features that make it an incredibly versatile multi-purpose plate. Please note that as shown in image #3, you need an L-Bracket in order to mount your camera on a nodal rail in portrait position.
- The attachment screw shown isn't used in standard operation. The plate attaches to your tripod head's clamp and the camera attaches to the clamp of the nodal rail.
- Both the clamp and the rail have laser engraved measurement markings - these are absolutely critical as you figure out the nodal alignment of each lens, make a note of the distances and have to reposition using those values in the future.
- All Leofoto tripod head clamps also have laser engraved measurement markings to assist with this process.
- A bright spirit level serves as redundancy for perfect levelling in addition tot the ones on the head and tripod.
- The included UNC 1/4" attachment screw and holes are for using the nodal rail as a multi-purpose plate as shown in image #7 - for those who want to use off-camera flash or mount a compact vlogging/BTS system next to their camera.
- The plate also features a strap loop and multiple screw holes for attaching straps.
Machined from a single piece of aircraft-grade aluminium, hollowed out to reduce weight and finished in a black anodised coating to protect from bumps and scratches.
Panorama systems work best with a levelling base such as -
- The YB-75L for systematic-style (Leofoto Summit Range) tripods with a modular apex.
- The LB-60 for standard tripods.
- Tripods with a built-in levelling base such as Leofoto's levelling Ranger models.
We are working on an article about panoramic tripod solutions as it is quite a complex subject with many different solutions. Make sure you are subscribed to our newsletter to find out when it becomes available.
- Length: 126.5mm
- Width: 38mm
- Height: 18mm
- Weight: 110g
- Length - 170mm
- Width - 38mm
- Thickness - 18mm
- Weight - 130g
- Length - 230mm
- Width - 38mm
- Thickness - 12mm
- Weight - 170g