The NiSi Black Pro Mist Diffusion Filter is perfect for stills or video. It lowers contrast, diffuses highlights and helps to balance the tonal range among highlights and shadows. The NiSi Black Mist creates that cinematic look and is commonly used to soften wrinkles and blemishes and create a flattering image of a subject.
- The Cinematic Atmosphere Filter – When used correctly, black mist filters combine a variety of effects to create a dreamy cinematic atmosphere. Especially in golden backlight and night scenes with creative lighting.
- Highlight Blooming – A Black Mist filter suppresses highlights and turns harsh bright areas into a soft diffused glow.
- Shadow Softening – Mist filters soften harsh shadows, giving a smoky/misty look to dark areas.
- Diffused Glow of Artificial Light – Mist filters come to life when used with artificial lighting. This could be neon street lights, LED strings or creative studio lighting. Mist filters create a cloud of glow around lights that play a core role in what we know as cinematic atmosphere.
- Nano coating – NiSi’s Nano coating on each glass surface results in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency.
- Brass Frame – Constructed with a high-quality brass frame for enhancing durability and jamming prevention.
This filter is constructed from optical glass in grades of 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2 – the effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase.
Also available as part of a kit which includes the 1/4 and 1/8 Black Mist Filters, a storage pouch and cleaning cloth. Kits offer incredible value for money, find them here.