- Rifle/Scope mounting - a leveling base offers about 15 degrees of vertical movement as well as 360 degrees of pan rotation and this is sufficient for sport shooting and scope use. A scope can be mounted if attached to an Arca-swiss plate and a rifle can be mounted via the Nato/Picatinny to Arca-swiss adapter.
- Photographers who like to use a variety of heads can quickly and easily exchange tripod heads by mounting them on Arca-swiss plates.
If you're serious about your architecture, landscape or panoramic photography, this is a must-have accessory to go with your Gitzo Systematic legs. This modular leveling base from Really Right Stuff is the best product of its kind worldwide. It allows 15 degrees of vertical movement and locks solidly in place with a simple twist of the handle. It is compatible with any tripod that has a removable 75mm apex plate - Gitzo 2, 3 and 4 series systematics tripods as well as the SIRUI 2 and 3 series RX tripods.
The leveling base can also be removed from the 75mm video bowl and replaced with any other accessory compatible with it.
Why do we have a few RRS product thrown in here? Unfortunately Gitzo's own version of this product is outdated and no other brand available in SA makes a decent version of it. As it is an accessory only compatible with column-less tripods, we have grouped it here.
- Lightweight leveling base
- Compatible with RRS Versa Series 3 and Gitzo Series 3 Systematic tripods
- Holds up to 11.3kg without slipping
- Low friction polymer anti-jam plate secures your head solidly and accentuates vibration damping for your load
- Delivers 30° of total leveling capability
- Lever-release clamp for mounting tripod head
- Large 12mm diameter bullseye bubble level is easy to see
- Textured rubber grip on bottom of handle is easy to grasp firmly with or without gloves
- Rubber grip handle is 11.43 cm wide and does not significantly impact your ability to drop the tripod to ground level
- CNC machined 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum with type II anodizing