The NiSi 100mm V7 Night Photography Kit is designed for night photography and offers the popular Natural Night Filter as well as the new Star Soft Filter with the 100mm V7 Starter Kit. This kit offers a saving of about R3 600 over buying these three components individually.
Included in this kit
Find out more by heading to each product page, or find descriptions for each component below.
The 100mm V7 Pro Aluminium Filter Holder Kit with True Colour CPL allows the use of 1 circular polarizer and 3 square/rectangular filters together without vignetting, even with wide-angle lenses. The built-in True Colour CPL can be inserted, adjusted and removed with ease due to the upgraded bayonet-style locking mechanism. This filter system not only allows 360-degree rotation but also has an upgraded locking screw mechanism as seen on the popular S6 150mm holders. This provides more stability while maintaining functionality for the landscape photographer.
Included in the kit
- V7 Pro Filter Holder
- 86mm True Colour Nano Coated Circular Polariser
- 82mm Primary Adapter Ring
- 77-82mm + 72-82mm + 67-82mm Step-up Rings
- Lens Cap
- Free pouch
*Adapter Rings for the V7 holder is the same as V5PRO and the V6 holder and sold individually.
The V7 is the new and improved version of the V6 holder. Here’s what’s changed:
- NEW Simplified Locking screw and mounting screw – For peace of mind that the holder can’t fall off and to lock in compositions once your grads are perfectly positioned. NiSi has adapted the same mechanism used in the S6 holders to simplify attaching the holder, locking the rotation and taking the holder off again.
- Optimized design of the integrated True Colour CPL – A Bayonet style mounting mechanism allows for easy and secure attachment to the primary 82mm ring.
- True Colour CPL – The new True Colour CPL has little to no colour cast and allows the photographer to capture images as nature presents the scene.
The NiSi Natural Night Filter removes unwanted light pollution in night photos by cutting out very specific wavelengths of light produced by artificial light sources. It removes all yellow light produced by sodium-vapour lamps, mercury-vapour lamps and low-CRI LED's. This ensures that night-time images are colour-accurate, sharp and rich in contrast. This unique new filter is an indispensable tool for any serious cityscape shooter.
This filter drastically improves detail and contrast around bright light sources.
This filter is also available in a circular screw-in version.
Please note that the Natural Night filter is not compatible with the Lee holders - it slides out as there is not enough friction between the filter and the holder. You can solve the problem by applying some insulation tape to the edge of the filter, should you want to use it with your LEE holder.
The NiSi Star Soft Astrophotography Filter is designed to enhance the appearance of night skies by adding highlight blooming to stars and constellations. This makes stars and constellations appear bigger and brighter by creating a soft glow surrounding them.
One of the key factors to this filter is that the effect is offered in a graduated filter form. The bottom 3rd of the filter is clear, allowing the user to place the filter so that the diffusion only affects the sky and not the foreground. Unlike ND grads, which are a 50/50 split, this 66/33 split allows users to use the full effect on the foreground, if desired.
This filter does not affect exposure/brightness or the colour tone of the image.
Compatible with all NiSi 100mm filter holders
- Astrophotography Filter
- Designed to make stars appear bigger and to make constellations stand out
- The brighter the star the bigger it will appear
- Control the effect on the foreground by sliding the filter up and down
- No loss of light when using the filter
- No color cast