The Leofoto Lucifer and Gabriel incorporate all of the latest technology from Leofoto to offer a tripod with unrivalled specs and performance in two beautiful colour options. It features the proprietary Mr.Q apex, which adds a center-column with almost no compromise, but can also be swopped out in seconds to go column-less. It also features the new generation sealed joint tech first seen in Poseidon, as well as a titanium foot assembly to ensure the longest possible lifespan in corrosive environments.
The result is a tripod that offers all the simplicity and features of the Ranger, with the convenience and extra length of a center-column as well as the Poseidon's seacape-proofing. You need to have a very good knowledge of tripod specs to understand just how good these tripods are. The max extended length achieved (168cm) for the folded length (58cm) and weight (1980g), with a 32mm diameter leg and 40mm ballhead is unparalleled.
To understand the evolution of the Ranger series tripods and what makes the Mr.Q tripod so special, read this blog article.
THE GABRIEL/LUCIFER KITS CANNOT BE SPLIT. NO OPTION FOR LEGS ONLY
*If you've read up on the Mr.Q tripods, then it might simplify things to know that the Gabriel and Lucifer are basically a Mr.Q with the Poseidon joint tech.
- Height (w/o center column): 1395mm
- Height (with center column): 1685mm
- Folded length: 580mm
- Leg Section : 4
- Height: 165mm
- Max load: 15kg
- Weight: 1.98kg
- Leg Diameters: 32mm/28mm/25mm/22mm
Click here to read more about the LH-40.
Explaining what makes Leofoto's new apex technology so special is too much for a product description. To fully understand, read this article.
Anti-Corrosive Joint Technology
These tripods feature joints that bring a lot of advancements to the Ranger.
- The new joints feature an O-ring gasket at the top and a sealing collet at the bottom, which combine to make the joint nearly air-tight. This keeps sea-water out and that makes a massive difference to the longevity of the tripod when used frequently for seascapes.
- The new joints are made from a much stronger composite and are manufactured to a much higher tolerance, which means the legs lock together better to offer stronger leg rigidity.
- The grips have been completely redesigned to avoid eventualy slipping. The downside to this is that the grip pads do not line up as in the product images, which detracts from the tripod aesthetics.
Premium Japanese Carbon Fiber
Leofoto uses 10x layer cross-weave carbon fiber tubes made by Toray Inc – one of the world’s top carbon fiber manufacturers. This ensures strength and rigidity, while ensuring class-leading weight specifications. The hinges feature self-returning angle-selectors, a small feature that speeds up operation. All Ranger tripods offer leg angles of 23, 55 and 85 degrees.
Titanium Foot Assembly
The Poseidon/Athena and Lucifer/Gabriel tripods feature Leofoto's anti-corrosive foot assembly. The CF tubes are capped with a titanium tube-plug and the tried and tested foot design features a multi-angle titanium frame inside a rubber foot with bevels that correspond to the available leg angles. These tripods also include a set of titanium spikes for use on ice.